follow me!

Natalie Ng En Yi

July 14, 2014 | Tags: | Posted in Rants

Hmm. Technically its 21st April 2014 now *as I am ‘completing’ this entry*. I have problems with writing/blogging. Something like a writer s block. No idea why. But in these couple of days. I have had several parenthood discussions with a couple of future parents. Natalie s delivery was always the main topic. Now let me try to recall some of the memories. Natalie is approaching two years old, so please bear with me if I cant recall some details. I still recall it was some time during Bulan Puasa *fasting month*. That morning I sent David Ong and Family to the bus station. They were catching the bus to the LCCT airport. My wife called me around 9 am if I m not mistaken . She told me was having gastric after the nasi lemak breakfast. As she was 8 months pregnant, we were worried. Told her to go see the doctor at her clinic first. After a while she called again, saying that she was in intense pain. This time I was pretty worried. So I rushed off to the clinic and we took an ambulance to Selayang Hospital. The provisional diagnosis was appendicitis. So off we went to Hospital Selayang.

Drama begins here when the A&E Department refused to take her in. They said we have to head to the O&G Department. Bloody crap.. Why asked us to come to A&E in the first place?  Anyway they said they didn’t know my wife was 8 months pregnant. And to be fair to the staffs attending to us, they mentioned my wife would be better managed by O&G team. Up onto the ambulance again and we reached O&G department which was just nearby. By this time there was trolley and two nurses on the standby waiting for us which was great!~  So it was straight to the 5th Floor where the O&G department was. Surgeon and O&G doctors came over and had a look at her. And they decided to rule of appendicitis if I recall correctly (my girl is almost 2 years old now LOL). By that time wifey was already having diarrhea and vomiting episodes. It was quite bad as I can see her face was greenish/darkish and the fingernails were blackish. Signs of poisons. She was weak and all. I give thanks to her aunts and mom who was there to help her and care for her. The odd thing was the doctors did not start her on anything for diarrhea citing there was a need to do C&S to identify the bacteria that was giving her problems. I had no choice but to have a word with the doctor. I said. Look.. U dont know whats the bacteria. Fine. Start with something that covers broad specturms first and then perhaps narrow down when you get the results from C&S? The doctor agreed and she was give IV Cefuroxime. She got better almost immediately. Purging began to clear up and she got her appetite back. But it was no the end of the story. The next day.. She complained of back pains and the doctors said it has something to do with her kidney.

And to cut the story short.. She had this sepsis from the UTI. The culprit was E-coli. So pls dont look down on these normal bacteria. Sepsis was serious shit and she was hooked up to some nasal prong coz she couldn’t breath and all. And we had a quick discussion with the specialist who said she needs to have IV Gentamicin. So.. I was quite worried coz Gentamicin is known to be quite toxic. Hence she was transferred to the labour room for monitoring that night. I remember I got home around 12 am and I slept for barely one hour when I got the call from my wife around 1 am. She said the specialist came over and did a quick ultrasound and they found the placenta was detaching itself. So she had to undergo an emergency C-sec. So I woke up and rushed over to the hospital. There I sat in front of the OT biting my fingers and all and waited till 6 am. Natalie was wheel out first and I had to accompany the baby to the labor room where they placed her for monitoring. And then I went back to the OT area to wait for Yee Woon. She came out around 7 something. But she was groggy and all. I cant remember they infused her with how many packs of blood. At least 2 packs if I m not mistaken. After was better I went to check on Natalie. Unfortunately.. Natalie had to be transferred to NICU as she was not breathing well. So off to NICU she went. I would like to say that Selayang has the BEST NICU unit . Their doctors are very very dedicated. I may have some reservation bout the nurses coz I was kinda turned off by the methodology they used to feed the babies. Hahaha. Sorry. Anyway.. Premature babies there are under good care . Natalie was released to us after a few days . And we brought her home.



Wait.. Drama belum habis. Natalie was not the usual baby that I know off. She did not nurse well. And she was YELLOWISH. Jaundice is normal. But I noticed she was quite yellow mellow. So we decided to admit her back to Selayang. I skipped ER and went straight up to NICU. So happened they wanted us to go back too. Coz her blood test (placenta) came and showed hypothyroidism. My my.. It answered the questions on why she was extra yellow. The normal conventional UV light did not work. I had this newer type of high powered UV LED lights. And I spent hours sitting in the NICU sun bathing Natalie. Hehehehe. It was very very effective as the yellow goes off. Initially they planned to do blood transfusion as her readings was quite high. But thanks to the Medi Light she was ok. Yee Woon also checked into NICU and stayed with little Natalie for a couple of days. I forgot how long..This is why we should blog ASAP. Hahahha. Not after two years. Natalie now visits the dr every 3 months. She is under medication albeit very very minor dose. I think it could be a transient case. But lets not risk it. I m glad she has grown up into a cute and beautiful child. Healthy. Yea!~

Junior model wannabe.My lovely girlPapa Mama and Nathania Loves ya!~

Leave a Reply